Table of Contents
Our licensed insurance agent, Mike, reviewed this content. Also in order to maintain our operations, we may earn commissions affiliated with certain links. However, please be assured that our review process remains fair and independent.
If you own a pet, you definitely know how important it is to keep your life friend healthy and happy.
But what happens when unexpected medical expenses arise? That’s where Chewy’s CarePlus pet insurance and wellness plans come in. With unique features like Chewy perks and comprehensive coverage, these plans are worth considering for any pet parent.
In this review, we’ll take a closer look at what Chevy’s insurance and wellness plans have to offer and whether they’re right for you and your beloved pet. But first let us know about the parties involved in making these plans available.
If you’d like, I can even suggest some additional language to attract potential buyers. Let me know if this would be helpful.
What is Chewy Insurance & Is It Worth to buy ?
Chewy offers a great range of pet insurance through its subsidiary, Pets Best. Their insurance plans provide coverage for accidents, illnesses and preventive care with options for customizable deductibles and reimbursement levels. Whether Chevy’s insurance is worth it depends on your individual circumstances and budget, so it’s important to review plans carefully and compare them to other options before making a decision.
If you have a pet with a pre-existing condition or a breed predisposed to certain health problems, Chewy’s insurance can provide valuable coverage for potential medical expenses. On the other hand, if your pet is in generally good health and has enough savings to cover unexpected costs, she may not need the added expense of pet insurance. It’s important to consider your pet’s unique needs and financial situation when deciding if Chewy insurance is right for you.
Important Points to know about Chewy
- Chewy is an online website offering pet products & insurance, supplies, and medications.
- Their CarePlus brand includes a range of wellness and insurance plans designed to keep your furry friends healthy and happy.
- To provide these plans, Chewy has partnered with Trupanion, an affiliate of the American Pet Insurance Company.
- Trupanion administers the policies and manages claims on APIC’s behalf, ensuring top-notch service and support for Chewy customers.
- Once you sign up for a wellness or insurance plan through CarePlus, you’ll begin receiving regular communications from Trupanion, keeping you informed about your plan(s) and giving you peace of mind.
Key Features of Chewy Insurance
- Underwriter: American Pet Insurance Company – The American Pet Insurance Company is the underwriter for Chewy’s pet insurance plans, which means they provide the financial backing and support for the plans.
- A.M. Best rating: Unrated – A.M. Best is a company that rates the financial stability of insurance companies.
- No bilateral exclusions – Some insurance plans may exclude coverage for conditions or diseases that affect both sides of the body.
- Claims process: Chewy’s insurance plan allows you to easily submit claims for reimbursement either online or by mail. Reimbursement can be received via check or direct deposit.
- Option to pay vet directly – Chewy’s insurance plan may allow you to pay your vet directly for covered services, rather than submitting a claim for reimbursement.
- Offers pre-approval of estimates/procedures in advance of treatment – Chewy’s insurance plan may offer pre-approval for certain treatments or procedures, meaning you can get confirmation in advance of whether the cost will be covered. This can help you make informed decisions about your pet’s care.
CarePlus pet insurance is currently available in 42 states across the US, including TX, PA, IL, OH, MA, GA, NC, MI, VA, AZ, CO, IN, SC, MD, OR, MO, TN, WI, MN, KS, KY, LA, IA, CT, NV, AL, AR, MS, NE, NJ, NM, OK, NH, UT, WV, DE, SD, WY, ND, RI, and MT. If you live in one of these states, you may be able to enroll your pet in CarePlus and enjoy its benefits.
Customer helpline Service Options
- 24/7 Phone support
- 24/7 Live chat support
- Video or chat (depending on the plan) access to a vet
- Email support
Waiting Period ?
|Accidents||5 Days||5 Days||5 Days||5 Days|
|Knee Injuries||30 Days||14 Days||14 Days||14 Days|
|Illness||N/A||14 Days||14 Days||14 Days|
What’s included in Chewy CarePlus insurance plans?
CarePlus by Chewy offers a variety of comprehensive pet insurance plans to fit your budget and needs. While no pet insurance provider covers pre-existing conditions, cremation and burial costs, pregnancy and reproduction, or cosmetic procedures, all CarePlus plans cover a wide range of necessary medical care.
This includes emergency care, surgery and hospitalization, specialized tests and specialty care, X-rays, blood tests, ultrasounds, CT scans, MRIs, rehabilitation, cancer, chronic conditions, euthanasia, hereditary and congenital conditions, non-routine dental treatment, and medications. prescribed. Please note that coverage limitations may apply, so it is important to review your policy carefully before purchasing as it may vary.
|Plans||Accident-Only||Essential||Essential Plus||Full cover|
|Vet Exam Fees|
|Physical & Rehab Therapies|
|Prescription & Supplement Coverage From Chewy*||100%||100%||100%||100%|
|Prescription & Supplement Coverage From Others*||80%||70%||90%||90%|
|Vet Diet Food From Chewy*||100% for 4 months||100% for 4 months||100% for 6 months|
|Vet Diet Food From Others*||70% for 2 months||90% for 2 months||90% for 3 months|
How Does The Claim & Reimbursement Process Work?
The reimbursement method used by CarePlus is “deductible then co-pay.” This method is calculated by subtracting the remaining annual deductible and co-pay from the actual eligible vet bill amount, resulting in the reimbursement amount.
Disclosure :- Please note that this policy is sold and managed by Chewy Insurance Services, LLC, a licensed insurance producer, in collaboration with Trupanion Managers USA, Inc. ("TMUI"), and is underwritten by American Pet Insurance Company ("APIC"), located at 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. It's important to know that TMUI, APIC, and their affiliates are separate entities and are not affiliated with Chewy Insurance Services, LLC, or its affiliates.